Island Solidarity Cooperative
2-1415 Broad St., Victoria, BC, V8W 2B2
Job Description: The Accounts Manager will provide oversight and management of accounts and finances of Island Solidarity Co-operative (ISC) and its affiliated organizations.
Staffing Allotment: 8 hrs/week (flexible)
Compensation: $27/hr +
ISC is seeking a dedicated, reliable Accounts Manager to maintain organization for all of our accounts, payroll, and licenses; produce financial reports for staff / board of directors. You will work with a growing and supportive staff team in the day-to-day of your work, however a large amount of work may be done independently, and remotely if desired.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage payroll inputs and keep accounts and licenses up to date.
- Produce reports and annual operating budgets.
- Manage financial audits and systems for inventory tracking.
- Oversee administrative systems that enhance organizational effectiveness and access.
- Manage invoices, expense claims, and accounts receivable.
- Support the Treasurer role in the organizations in understanding their duties.
- Grant writing and fund development.
- 8 hours / week (flexible)
- Payroll must be completed every second week (time sensitive)
- Working both with a team, and independently
- Shared office space
We welcome and value the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization, and encourage Indigenous people, people of colour, women, people identifying as LGBTQI, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants and people living with disabilities to apply.
Preferred Skills, Training, and Experience
The preferred candidate will have skills & experience inclusive of some or all of the following:
- Experience with administration.
- Experiences using Rise Payroll, Wave Accounting, and Square POS (or similar)
- Active engagement in arts & cultural communities.
- Experience in not-for-profit organizations and/or community groups.
- Bookkeeping experience or training
- Strong attention to detail and great organizational and analytical abilities
- Tech savvy, familiar with online collaboration tools such as Googledocs, Trello, Slack, etc
- Experience developing and implementing organizational policies
- Grant writing and fund development experience
All interested applicants should forward a resume (cover letter optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be posted until this position is filled. Please submit all applications in a single pdf format. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you kindly for your application and your interest in this position. We look forward to hearing from you!