Island Solidarity Cooperative
2-1415 Broad St., Victoria, BC, V8W 2B2
PDF Version Here: Administrations | Job Posting ISC
Job Description: The Administrations Director will provide oversight and management of all administrations, governance, HR, and membership management of Island Solidarity Co-operative (ISC) and its affiliated organizations.
Staffing Allotment: 15 hrs/week (flexible)
Compensation: $19.50/hr +
ISC is seeking a dedicated, reliable Administrations Director to develop and refine our administrative process. A large focus will be on HR, governance, and day-to-day administration. You will work with a growing and supportive staff team in the day-to-day of your work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain active member, staff, and volunteer lists.
- Create job postings and support hiring and HR processes.
- Assist in the announcement, planning, and logistics of meetings of staff and members.
- Curate announcements and updates to members.
- Develop orientations and onboarding of all new staff and members.
- Support democratic processes within the organizations and help to maintain good governance practices.
- Support the Secretary role in the organizations to understand their responsibilities.
- 15 hours / week
- Working both with a team, and independently
- Shared office space
We welcome and value the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization, and encourage Indigenous people, people of colour, women, people identifying as LGBTQI, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants and people living with disabilities to apply.
Preferred Skills, Training, and Experience
The preferred candidate will have skills & experience inclusive of some or all of the following:
- Experience with membership administration and human resources.
- Experience as the Secretary and / or President of a Board of Directors
- In depth knowledge of non-profit governance and structures
- Variety of experience in not-for-profit organizations and/or community groups.
- Strong attention to detail and proven organizational abilities
- Tech savvy, familiar with online collaboration tools such as Googledocs, Trello, Slack, etc
- Experience developing and implementing organizational policies and best practices.
All interested applicants should forward a resume (cover letter optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be posted until this position is filled. Please submit all applications in a single pdf format. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you kindly for your application and your interest in this position. We look forward to hearing from you!