Victoria Event Center
1415 Broad St., Victoria, BC, V8W 2B2
PDF Version Here: F&B Director | Job Posting VEC
Food & Beverage Director
Job Description: Food & Beverage Director of the Victoria Event Centre, as registered under the Victoria Multicultural Society.
Staffing Allotment: Hours Variable (approx 20 hrs/week.). Performance and benefits reviewed at 3 months from date of hire.
Compensation: Administrative hours – $20.50/hr + (based on experience).
The Victoria Multicultural Society is seeking a dedicated, motivated self-starter to develop the food & beverage program of our multi-purpose arts and cultural facility, the Victoria Event Centre (VEC). Working with a team, the Director will be responsible for the function, menu design, and service F&B at the VEC, fulfilling its mandate as a local space for arts, cultures, and communities to thrive. Reporting to the President of the Board, the Director’s primary duties include administrative work, F&B creative development, staff oversight, hosting, and bartending (additional hours available during hours of service). This is an exciting opportunity, ideal for passionate and creative applicants who thrive in dynamic environments with a passion for community-run enterprises. You will work with a growing and supportive staff team that will help with the day-to-day operation of the venue.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the financial stability of the VEC through events, fundraising campaigns, grant writing, and increased revenues.
- Oversee service and hospitality during events.
- Bartend and provide excellent, fun service.
- Implement a new and creative food and beverage program.
- Oversee and support bar renovations and ongoing improvements.
- Coordinate and develop staff training and product knowledge.
Preferred Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have skills & experience inclusive of some or all of the following:
- Excellent communication and guest-focused relationship management skills. Motivated self-starter with a creative aptitude and demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Experience in the hospitality industry.
- Active engagement in arts & cultural communities.
- Experience in not-for-profit organizations and/or community groups.
- Demonstrated social enterprise / cooperative business aptitude prefered.
- Experience developing menus with a focus on local and sustainable ingredients.
- Evenings, 5pm – 1am shifts (flexible)
- Fast-paced bar with live musical performances, theater shows, and more.
All interested applicants should forward a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will accept applications on an ongoing basis until this position is filled. Please submit all applications in a single pdf format. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you kindly for your application and your interest in this position. We look forward to hearing from you!