Retail Action Network
1415 Broad St., Victoria, BC, V8W 2B2
PDF Version Here: Member Engagement Coordinator | Job Posting RAN
Member Engagement Coordinator
Retail Action Network (RAN) is seeking a part-time employee to help coordinate our membership engagement program by encouraging volunteer participation in our activities, building relationships with dues paying members, and supporting member engagement in our organization.
Staffing Allotment: 15-20 hours / week. Reviewed at 3 months.
Compensation: $20.50/hr (+ dependent upon experience)
As the Member Engagement Coordinator, you will support the volunteers and dues-paying members of Retail Action Network. You will play a support role and encourage full engagement in the decisions and activities of the organization. A large part of this work will be to develop and implement new systems as this is a new position in the organization. There is a split between administrative and inter-personal work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule orientations to introduce new volunteers to our organization.
- Maintain relationships with RAN members and ensure that they are supported, have access to training, and any membership benefits.
- Support the development and activities of the board of directors and coordinating committee.
- Grow our program of collecting membership dues from RAN members.
- Working both with a team, and independently. Checking in regularly with other RAN staff and members.
- Work schedule is flexible, with focus on task completion in a timely manner.
- Shared office space available.
- Laptop, printer, internet, and other office supplies available upon request.
- Additional budget for honourariums available to those delivering workshops.
We welcome and value the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization, and encourage Indigenous people, people of colour, women, people identifying as LGBTQI, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants and people living with disabilities to apply.
Preferred Skills, Training, and Experience
The preferred candidate will have skills & experience inclusive of some or all of the following:
- Knowledge of decision-making processes; governance; and member engagement within non-profit organizations.
- Experience coordinating a team of staff and / or volunteers.
- Experience with worker’s rights organizing, or other non-profit / community groups.
All interested applicants should forward a resume (cover letter optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be posted until the position is filled. Please submit all applications in a single pdf format. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For a full list of upcoming, and ongoing job postings, please visit: https://islandsolidarity.org/work/
Thanks very much for your considering to work with us. We look forward to hearing from you!